Windows 2003 servers come with security more tightly locked down than previous versions of Windows. By default 2003 servers will only serv static content. To enable dynamic content like ASP.Net and CGI applications you must specifically allow it. To do this you must:
- Start the IIS Manager
- Click on Web Service Extensions
- Click the appropriate ASP.Net version and click the Allow button.
- To allow CGI applications, click the ‘Add a new web service extension’ link
- Type in a meaningful name
- Click the Add button
- Either enter the path to the CGI program or use the browse button to find it.
- Click OK.
Restart IIS just for good measure.