IBObjects, Firebird and “request synchronization” Errors

I have been in the process of migrating my applications from an older version of IBOjects to version 4.8.6.  Not the latest version but good enough for my purposes.  Anyway, in certain circumstances, one of my applications started throwing “request synchronization error” exceptions. It never did this when running under the older version of IBObjects.  I spent quite a bit of time debugging my application and IBOjects trying to find a reason for the error with no luck.  Finally, just for something to try, I replaced fbclient.dll with the latest version and the problem is now gone.  Go figure!

Leave a Reply